Repair Kit for Corroded Exhaust Pipe 31-44 Series
Kit Number 3581114 (3.5″ exhaust pipe) – Click to add this part to your shopping cart
Kit Number 3581115 (4.0″ exhaust pipe) – Click to add this part to your shopping cart
- Loosen the exhaust pipe elbow and bellows.
- Grind down the upper edge of the exhaust pipe so that it becomes even.
- Check that sleeve can be installed all the way down on the upper edge of the exhaust pipe. In certain cases, a notch must be made in the sleeve so that it can be installed all the way down against the upper edge.
- Clean the oxide off the surface of the exhaust pipe. Roughen the surface with a coarse emery cloth both inside and out. Wash the sleeve and the exhaust pipe with oil-free acetone.
- Coat the inside of the sleeve and the exhaust pipe with lengths of silicone. Press the sleeve onto the exhaust pipe with a rotating motion.
- Allow the silicone to dry for around 4 hours. To facilitate installing the bellows, the sleeve should be coated with soapy water before the bellows is installed. Kit 3851115 includes 4 pcs hose clamps; use them during installation. Install the exhaust pipe elbow.
For a printable version of the instructions, or to see them in another language, click here.
Comments? Questions? Suggestions for topics for our blog or newsletter? Send them to
Marine Parts Express is a division of Water Resources, Inc., a privately held Maine Corporation.
For all your marine engine parts needs, call us toll free at 877.621.2628, or outside the U.S. at 207.882.6165.
May 10, 2014 / JD Neeson / 1
- Things I Found While Looking For Something Else – Part VI
- Re-Introducing the OneList
- Winterization Guide
- Labor Day Sale 2016
- Memorial Day Sale 2016
- Turbocharger Damage Prevention Bulletin
- The Art of Quilling
- Winter – Maine Style
- XDP Upgrade Promotion – Extended!!! (through 12/31/14
- Lubricants, Oils, Sealants, and Adhesives – Discussion and Cross-Reference
bird feet configuration
maine hunting camp
Margaret Graham Neeeson
Margaret Graham Neeson
Marine Parts Express